- 1lb elbow macaroni
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded (use fresh)
- 3-1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (use fresh)
- use any desired cheese. Try pepper jack, yum!
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 2-1/2 cups regular whole milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup butter, sliced
- hot sauce is optional
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- In a strainer, rinse the uncooked pasta, under cold water well for one minute. Then drain.
- Place the rinsed uncooked pasta into the slow cooker. Add in the Monterey Jack Cheese, 3 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, evaporated milk, whole milk, and the seasonings.
- Add sliced butter on top of the mixture.
- Cook on LOW for 1.5-2 hours, stirring every 20-30 min. This ensures everything cooks evenly, the cheese melts all the way through and the pasta doesn’t clump together.
- Once the pasta is tender, sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese on top.
- Place the lid back on the slow cooker and let the cheese melt. Enjoy!
Use fresh block cheese to shred instead of the pre-shredded cheese. It doesn’t melt down as well and changes the texture.