The recipe makes two pies.
- Pie crusts
- 4 cups blueberries
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp lemon zest, grated
- 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄4 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1⁄8 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs butter
- Have both 8-9 inch double crust pie shells ready.
- Sort, rinse, and drain blueberries.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over the berries.
- Combine sugar, flour, lemon peel, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Toss this mixture gently with the blueberries to coat well.
- Add the berry mixture to the pie shells.
- dot with butter. Place the second crust on top of the pies, seal the edges, and cut 3 slashes on top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in preheated 450°F oven for 10 minutes.
- Lower heat to 350°F and continue baking for 30-35 minutes more. Cool the pie before slicing.
NOTES: This pie freezes well. Wrap up before baking and freeze.