Dinner in a Pumpkin is a recipe from Six Sisters Stuff. This recipe is from their cookbook Celebrate Every Season. Find The Cookbook Here. You’ll love this delicious Dinner in a Pumpkin recipe that they gave me permission to share.
The fun part of this recipe is picking the vegetables you add to this recipe. I added in a red pepper which brought a bright flavor to this fun fall recipe.
To see the whole process of making this recipe watch the video on YouTube or click on the video below.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
DINNER IN A PUMPKIN
Serves: 6 | Prep time: 25 minutes | Cook time: 1 hour, 15 minutes | Total time: 1 hour, 40 minutes
1 medium pumpkin (see note)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups chopped assorted vegetables, such as celery, carrots, onions, green pepper, sweet potatoes,
1 pound lean ground turkey
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 (14.5-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
2 cups prepared
1. Cut off the top of the pumpkin and thoroughly clean out pulp and seeds.
2. Preheat oven to 350
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add assorted veggies, and sauté until
4. Add meat, breaking up into small pieces and cooking until browned.
5. Stir in soy sauce,soup, and cooked brown rice. Mix well.
6. Spoon mixture into cleaned pumpkin shell.
7. Replace pumpkin top and place entire pumpkin on a baking sheet.
8. Bake 1 hour, or until inside meat of the pumpkin is tender.
9. After you scoop out the yummy stuff inside, don’t forget to scrape out the insides of the pumpkin! It tastes just like spaghetti squash!
Note: Check the size of your oven to make sure the pumpkin will fit.